Sunday, June 25, 2006

Colourful shopping bag/Sac d'épicerie coloré


Blueprint magazine has instructions on how to make bags with a scarf and just a few knots. I really liked them and I thought I'd give it a try (Imelda had a shoe thing, my weakness are bags, especially making them). I happened to be in a downtown store this Friday when I say a bunch of cotton scarves for 2-3$ each but when I picked one up, I thought I'd make a shopping bag out of them instead. I've been thinking of making one for a while with another fabric I have home but I liked the idea of using scarves.

It only took a couple of hours to do and what I like with it is that it folds up really small so I can toss it in the smallest of my everyday purses. I immediately put it to the test by going to the store for a liter of milk, some cheese, a 6 inch pizza (though I'm happy to know that the 12 inch box fits comfortably in the bag and a 4 kg bag of cat litter. It held fine.


Le magazine Blueprint a des instructions sur comment faire des sacs à main en faisant quelques noeuds dans des foulards. J'ai vraiment aimé l'idée et j'ai pensé m'en faire (Imelda avait un faible pour les souliers, j'en ai un pour les sacs à mains, j'aime surtout les faire). J'étais dans un magasin du Centre-Ville lorsque j'ai vu des foulards en vente pour 2 ou 3 dollars la pièce et lorsque j'en ai regardé un de plus près, j'ai eu l'idée dans faire un sac d'épicerie à la place. Ça fait un bout que je veux m'en faire un avec de tissu qui traîne chez moi mais j'aimais bien l'idée d'utiliser des foulards.

Il n'a fallu que 2 heures environ pour faire ce sac et j'aime bien le fait qu'il se plie assez petit pour rentrer facilement de le plus petit de mes sacs. Je l'ai immédiatement testé en allant à l'épicerie et en y prenant un litre de lait, du fromage, une pizza de 6 pouce (quoique je suis contente qu'une boîte de 12 pouces rentre facilement) et un sac de litière à chat de 4kg. Il a tenu le coup sans problème.

1 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

sooooo nice! there was no sewing? I hope you can bring it to the next knitting thing...i want to see this!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home