Thursday, August 21, 2008

Marvin



Sorry for republishing, I'm trying to fix a Firefox display problem.

So I've been watching the Olympics, lucky for me being bilingual I get to watch in French and English on Canadian stations and on NBC thanks to cable. Last weekend I've seen Marvin Gaye perform the National anthem as a background to the Redeem Team practising in a Nike ad and for a split second, I thought it was Isaac Hayes, who died the last weekend. Anyway seeing the ad again tonight made me go on YouTube to find the whole performance. I really want to get my hands on his albums but why get myself all hot and bothered with no man around...

Désolée mais j'ai republié ce message car il n'es pas affiché correctement sur Firefox.

Ces temps-ci je regarde les Jeux olympiques à la télé et étant bilingue, j'ai la chance de le faire sur tous les postes qui les diffusent, incluant la chaîne NBC sur le cable. Ce soir pour la deuxième fois j'ai pu voir une pub de Nike mettant en vedettes l'équipe américaine de basket avec en arrière plan Marvin Gaye qui chante l'hymne national américain mais sur un groove de style RnB. J'ai d'abord cru que c'était Isaac Hayes, décédé le weekend dernier. Ça ma donné envie d'aller sur YouTube voir la performance au complet, il chantait durant un match des étoiles de la NBA. Je voudrais tellement mettre la main sur sa discographie mais pourquoi me titiller sans copain avec qui partager ca...

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Memeeflye said...

This version of the US's National Anthem is so damn smooth!

8:38 PM  
Blogger Ali P said...

MmmMmmMarvin Gaye. That was some serious sexiness.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Amina said...

Felicitations Karine d'etre la NOTM du mois de septembre! bisous

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home