Sunday, November 18, 2007

Clutter busting/Contrôle du bordel

If you remember, I've said that I decided to participate in a organization challenge on the nappy hair forum I participate. Here's one example of what I try to do to keep up my biggest source of aggravation, clutter caused by the mail. I decided to use one of those wall hanging baskets that you see outside most doctors' offices. I thought of making a fabric basket much like one I had seen in Blueprint, but I decided to take the easy way and just buy these. I picked up a set of three at Bureau en Gros (that would be Staples for those of you outside of Quebec), placed two in my front hall (yes there are two baskets in that first picture) right next to my alarm panel since that's my first stop after I get passed the front door. The basket on the bottom the has the mail (bills on the left, mail I have to read in the middle and mail I have to file on the right). The top basket holds the magazines I also get in the mail plus the ones I buy but am not done reading yet. I placed the last basket in my bathroom to hold the magazines that were taking up valuable space on my counter top.

J'ai dit il y a quelques temps que je participe dans un défi de garder ma vie un brin organisé et une façon que j'ai trouvé de garder le contrôle sur le courrier que je laisse traîner partout est d'utiliser les paniers suspendus au mur. J'ai pensé m'en faire comme j'avais vu dans un magazine mais j'ai choisi finalement d'aller faire un tour chez Bureau en Gros et me procurer ces paniers transparents. J'en ai placé deux sous mon panneau d'alarme (oui il y a deux paniers dans la première photo) car c'est mon premier arrêt une fois la porte d'entrée passée. Le panier du dessous contient le courrier que je dois traiter: à gauche les factures, au milieu ce que je dois lire et à droite ce que je dois classer (comme des relevés banquaires). Le panier du dessus contient mes magasines que je reçoit mais aussi celles que j'achète mais que je n'ai pas encore fini de lire. J'ai mis le troisième panier dans ma toilette afin d'y mettre les magasines qui traînaient sur le comptoir.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

c'est fabulous!!!! :-)

9:34 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

What a great idea. I actually have to go to Bureau En Gros. Hmmm!

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home