Thursday, November 02, 2006

My new ball winder/Ma nouvelle bobineuse

I picked up my ball winder at the post office yesterday even though I was running late for a date. Anyway, here it is, at first I thought it was broken, the thread holder was hanging limply and I couldn't attach anywhere but I figured it out. I even tried it before I left even though I was really running late.

J'ai été cherché ma bobineuse au bureau de poste hier même si j'étais en retard pour un rendez-vous gallant. Je croyais au début qu'il était briser, le bidule où passe le fil ne tenait pas debout et je n'arrivais pas à le fixer au comptoir mais j'ai fini par y arriver. Je l'ai même essayé avant de sortir même si à ce moment-là, j'étais vraiment en retard.
As you can see, it does a decent yarn cake. What's that next to it? It was part of the bundle. Allow me to demonstrate.

Comme vous pouvez voir, ça fait une bonne bobine solide. C'est quoi ça à côté? Ça faisait parti de l'ensemble. Permettez-moi de faire une démonstration.
First, you thead it thusly.

D'abord, on l'enfile de cette façon.
Then, you wind and wind and wind the handle.

Ensuite, on tourne et tourne et tourne la manivelle.
Finally, you end up with this pile of cutlets. I'm guessing this for the days you feel like making your very own carpet and you want to push it by cutting up you own yarn. Seriously, what are they good for besides collecting dust?

Finalement, on a ces petits bouts de fil. J'imagine que ce truc est utile si on veut se faire notre propre carpette et qu'on décide de couper les fils soi-même. Non mais vraiment, à quoi servait ces tapis-là sinon à ramasser la poussière?

2 Comments:

Blogger K. said...

myes...yarn winders do rule...How was the date?

11:19 AM  
Blogger Nik said...

So that other contraption is curious, to say the least.

Congrats on the Ball winder. I know when I got mine i was SO happy that I didn't have to do it by hand anymore. Was even happier when I got a swift. Well, i should say that my friends were happier because I'd make them hold the hank while I wound the yarn.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home