Tuesday, February 13, 2007

On many stuff / De différents truc

Français plus bas

As P!nk would say, I'm not dead yet. I simply got lazy about blogging and besides, I wouldn't have had anything new to say. The highlight of my last two weeks has been helping Caroline with knitting two socks on two circular needles. I've also making a new hat with the Inca gold yarn I got from the yarn pusher, she was kind enough to not let her personal misery (she was rocking a cold) to bring it to me at the last knit meet. I'd decided to try a beret again this time using an Irish moss stitch. It's nice but meh. Not the yarn, the design. I like the Irish moss so I'll try and figure it out.

Bad news, I lost the Sea Urchin II. What's even more annoying is the fact that know exactly where I dropped it too. But no biggie, I had enough yarn left over from the first S.U. to make another one. I won't bother to show the pictures but for some reason even though the ridges aren't as noticeable to the touch (to me a selling point of that pattern), you can see them fine. I'm only showing a close up of the rib I used this time, I went for a simple *P1, K1 through the back loop* over three rounds. Much nicer than the one I used in the last hat.

I made a bit of progress on the Bayerische socks. Again these aren't too hard to do but since they are not TV watching friendly (or knit meet friendly for that matter), I don't work on them that often.




And after ignoring it on the last few weeks, I worked on the bag today. May as well since I have the week off. Tonight I only made the straps, I got the idea for this design (click on the picture) after seeing a bag on the metro. I'm now at the hard part, assembling the exterior, put in the zipper and the interfacing. Fun times ahead. Yes I like making bags.





Non je n'ai pas disparue, j'ai tout simplement négligé de mettre le blogue à jour et de toute façon, je n'avais pas grand chose de nouveau à dire. Le moment fort des deux dernières semaines a été d'aider Caroline avec le tricot de deux chaussettes sur deux aiguilles circulaires. J'ai aussi commencé à faire un nouveau béret avec la laine Inca Gold que la pusher de laine a eu la gentillesse de m'amener à la dernière rencontre malgré une vilaine grippe. J'utilise un point dont le nom en français m'échappe pour en faire un autre béret. C'est pas pire mais bof. Pas la laine, le modèle. J'aime quand même le point donc je vais voir ce que je peux en faire.

Mauvaise nouvelle, j'ai perdu l'oursin de mer II. Ce qui est encore plus emmerdant, c'est que je sais exactement où je l'ai échappé. Mais pas de panique, il me restait assez de fil du premier oursin pour faire en faire un autre, une chance qu'il n'est pas trop long à faire. Pour une raison que je ne comprend pas trop, les bosses ne sont pas aussi remarquables sous les doigts mais tout de même on peut les distinguer à l'oeil. Ici je ne montre qu'un gros plan de la côte que j'ai utilisé, *un maille envers, une maille endroit faite dans l'endos de la maille* travaillée sur trois rangées circulaires. Plus jolie que celle que j'avais utiliser la dernière fois.

J'ai fait un peu de progrès sur les chaussettes Bayerische. Elles ne sont pas difficiles à faire mais ce n'est pas le genre de projet qui permet de suivre une programme de télé, ni de suivre une conversation durant une rencontre de tricot et c'est pourquoi je ne les travaille pas trop souvent.




Après l'avoir ignoré durant les dernières semaines, j'ai enfin travailler sur le sac vue que je suis en congé cette semaine. Ce soir j'ai posé les bretelles. J'ai eu l'idée pour ce style des bretelles (cliquer sur la photo) après avoir vu un sac dans le métro. Maintenant j'en suis à la partie la plus difficile, assembler l'extérieur incluant la fermeture éclair et l'entoilage. Ce que je vais m'amuser.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no! i'm so sad you lost the hat :( hopefully someone found it and is taking good care of it.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Ali P said...

Oh My Gosh!!!! Topstitchgirl...would you ever consider running class on two socks on two circs??? I ask because I so need this skill and the written instructions boggle my mind. The whole doing one sock at a time is sooo slow.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home