Friday, June 16, 2006

Poor Britney/Pauvre Britney

Français plus bas


I haven't written about knitting for a while so here's my latest project. It's my entry for the Knit World Cup. It was supposed to be a beanie but when I decided to work with the Togolese colours I decided on a chullo instead. Should be pretty loud once done. I thought about simply doing up the stripes and somehow fit a star somewhere but I chose to do a fair-isle pattern instead. I couldn't find pictures of Togolese masks online so I just made some up. Finding a star pattern was not easy, hopefully the one I came up with will look good. I thought I was only to work it for the heck of it but after seeing the swag offered, I'll finish on time to be part of the draw.

The stitch marker was one that I was supposed to send out before I made some more for the swap. Today I got more stitch markers in the mail. Pretty cute. I've gone from having the basic white plastic models to knitting jewelry. And I still have a set to come. I may have to find a lace shawl pattern to use them. I think I'll make the breakable ones next. I found a set of four on Tricotin for 20 Euros or 5.95 each!!!

In World Cup news, at lunch time today, the Ivory Coast lost to the Netherlands. I usually root for Brazil (Haitians' de facto team) then any African country no matter how badly they are out powered and finally the Netherlands (they used to have a dreadlocked brother from Surinam who's hair colour was the same shade of green as my Chullo). What about Canada? Not in soccer, sorry. It was a pretty good game, better I'm afraid then the Brazil-Croatia earlier match up. As much as I love Los Canários, I'm afraid Brazil is not the powerhouse it usually is and if that's the case I hope then that they're taken out before the final round rather then offer the pitiful spectacle they gave in 1998 against France at the final.

Last night, I watched Britney's interview with Matt Lauer. As much as I think that she's an uncultured redneck, I took pity on the poor girl. No one would look good being followed around like that. That being said, what was that on her eyelash and worst, what was she wearing? Obviously she fired her stylist just before the interview. That and the gum? Seriously. She's a sad, clueless girl.

Served me right to gawk at her though because during all that time, Marie-Louise was patiently waiting for me to pick her up next door because I didn't close my front door properly. When I moved here a couple of years ago, Napoléon and her stayed behind at my old place until I came back seven hours later to pick them up and when I got there I saw that one of the windows was open so of course she just jumped out and went for a stroll. I went into a panic until I found her hidden in a bush somewhere waiting for me.


Ça fait un bout que je n'ai pas parlé de tricot et donc voici mon dernier projet. C'est pour la Coupe du monde de tricot . C'était supposé être une simple tuque sans rebord mais lorsque j'ai décidé d'utiliser les couleurs du drapeau togolais dans un style Fair-Isle, j'ai décidé qu'une tuque péruvienne serait mieux. En tout cas, les couleurs sont assez criardes merci. La difficulté a été de trouver un modèle pour une étoile donc j'en ai créé un que j'espère fonctionnera. J'avais faire la tuque opur mon défi personnel mais aprés avoir vu les prix offerts, j'ai décidé de finir la tuque à temps pour le tirage.

L'anneau marqueur que j'utilise ici fait parti d'un ensemble que je devais envoyer pour l'échange avant d'en faire d'autres. Aujourd'hui, j'ai reçu d'autres anneaux marqueurs dans le courrier. Jolis. J'en ai tellement maintenant que je devrais me trouver un projet de dentelles tricotées pour les utiliser. Je devrais me faire des anneaux séparables la prochaine fois.

Au Mondial de Football, la Côte-d'Ivoire a été battu par les Pays-Bas. D'habitude le Brésil est mon équipe favorite (et aussi celui de la plupart des haïtiens) puis viennent les pays africains même lorsqu'ils n'ont aucune chances et finalement les Pays-Bas (ils avaient un joueur Black du Surinam avec des dreads du même vert que ma tuque péruvienne). Le Canada? Désolée mais mon patriotisme prend le bord à la Coupe du Monde. En tout cas, c'était un bon match, mieux que celui du Brésil contre la Croatie. J'aime bien les Canários mais ils ne semblent pas à leur meilleur et si c'est le cas, je préfèrerais qu'ils se fassent sortir avant la final afin d'éviter une répétion de leur performance minable contre la France en 1998.

Hier soir, j'ai écouté l'interview de Britney sur NBC. Bien que je crois qu'elle n'est une redneck inculte, j'au eu un peu un peu pitié pour elle. Ceci dit, c'était quoi ça sur ses cils et pire, qu'est-ce qu'elle portait? Évidemment elle a renvoyer sa styliste avant l'entrevue. La gomme à mâcher était vraiment de trop. Elle est vraiment pathétique.

Pendant que j'écoutais les déboires de la Spears, Marie-Louise attendait patiemment que je vienne la chercher chez le voisin. Je n'avais pas fermé ma porte d'entrée comme il faut et comme à son habitude, elle est aller faire un tour dehors. Lorsque j'ai déménagé ici il y deux ans, je l'avais laissé dans mon ancien appart avec Napoléon mais lorsque j'y suis retourné sept heures plus tard et j'avais remarqué que la fenêtre avait été laissé ouverte et elle s'était échappée. Je l'ai retrouvée dans un buisson à m'attendre.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karine,
I just recieved your stitch markers in today's mail. Thank you soooo much! They are gorgeous!!! Again, thanks & happy knitting!

Adriane A.

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home