Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sitting pretty/Le trône




Français plus bas

Well it's done. All in all, it took a week to do but I'd say that it could be done in a week-end. Honestly, picking this as my first upsholstery project was probably not the wisest move. I thought that the classes I had where I learned to drape fabric on a mannequin would be useful (that was 6 years ago). Still, I think it came out nice. I chose this fabric because of it's masculine look that will fit in my with the decor of the room once I'm done with it. Eventually. And also I figure that once my roomates start enjoying it as well, it would be easy to remove all of that hair. A fun project.

Fini! Ça m'a pris une semaine à compléter mais je dirais que ce projet pourrait ce faire en un week-end. Je dois avouer cependant que de faire cette chaise comme premier projet de rembourrage n'était peut-être pas avisé. J'ai cru que mes cours où on apprend à draper un vêtement sur un mannequin me serait utile mais c'était il y a six ans de ça. Malgré tout, je trouve que cette aventure s'est bien terminée. J'ai choisit ce tissu parce qu'éventuellement la pièce où la chais se trouve sera décorée avec une touche masculine. Aussi parce qu'étant donné que je suis certaine que mes colocs ne se gêneront pas pour s'y installer, il sera facile d'y retirer leur poils. J'ai bien aimé faire ça.

1 Comments:

Blogger Memeeflye said...

nice job on the chair- do you have a close up of the fabric?

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home