Saturday, February 06, 2010

Noro





In my last post I said that I needed to make a new pair of socks. I think the pic is self explanatory. I finished that pair a year ago and somehow I ended up creating these massive holes in them. Two possible explanations:

1. I need to break out the Ped Egg more often. Possible but then I have a pair I made 5 years ago that's still going strong. And the Sugar Maples I finished last year don't show any sign of falling apart anytime soon. I'm used to my store bought socks getting holes at the heels over time but not my knitted ones.

2. Maybe I should have done these a size larger. Meaning the stretching around my feet was put too much stress on the yarn and they tore apart.

Sigh I really liked those socks, especially the colour. Anyway while I was at Effiloché to get my hands on a fat quarter I got this sock yarn. I've been wanting to work with Noro yarns since forever and now I'm happy to have found this one. I only picked it for one reason, the blue and red are the colours of the Haitian flag. I will make a pair a toe ups, I just need to flip though my stitch book to find a nice rib pattern.


Dans mon dernier billet je disais avoir besoin de me faire une nouvelle paire de chaussettes. Je crois que la photo n'a pas vraiment beseoin d'explication. J'ai fini cette paire il y a un an et je ne sais trop comment, je me retrouve mainteanant avec des trous béants aux talons. Deux explication possibles:

1. Peut être que je devrais exfolier mes talons plus souvent. Ceci n'explique pas cependant le fait qu'une paire que j'ai complétée il y cinq ans soit encore intact, même les Sugar Maples que j'ai fini l'an dernier ne montre pas de signes de vouloir se désintégrer.

2. J'aurais peut être du les faire une taille ou deux plus grandes. Peut être que le stress sur les fibres causé par le fait de les porter et la friction avec le soulier a causé ceci.

C'est triste car j'aimais bien ces chaussettes, surtout la couleur. J'ai profité du fait que j'étais chez Effiloché hier pour me procurer un morceau de tissu à coutepointe pour me procurer ce fil à chaussette. Ce la faisait longtemps que je voulais travailler avec du fil Noro et l'occasioon est donc venu. Je me suis arrêté sur ce choix car ces couleurs sont celles du drapeau haïtien. Je vais les faire à patir des orteils, ne me reste qu'à trouver une motif de côte.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Virtuous said...

LOL @ egg comment. Funny!

Luv the reason why you picked your new sock yarn...of course you had me a Noro ;o)

Guess I should finally BO on my 1st NORO pair....soon!

Glad all is well xoxo

8:33 PM  
Blogger Nik said...

the ped egg comment made me snort lol. did you wear these more often to cause the holes?

2:02 PM  
Blogger Karine said...

@Nik: I don't think so. And like I said, I have a 5 year old pair that's still going strong. Oh well.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home