Friday, November 21, 2008

My wish list

So I went to Chapter's today, just to brows and I made the mistake of going to it's craft book section and now, I have a list of things that I'd like to have for Christmas. No knitting books among them though I do like Wenlan Chia's Twinkle. But the patterns mostly use superchunky knits, not a good idea when you're not super skinny.

First, Amy Butler's Little stitches. I have a niece to spoil now so this would be a good book to have. Now my Santa substitute would probably give me the side eye for asking this, obviously this is one I'll probably have to get myself.

I took a look at ythis since it's author, Natalie Chanin, is feature in Stitch magazine and I love it. Just about every project is a reworking of T-shirts, from embellishing them to turning them into something completely different. Lots or details and embellishment ( I found an idea for a skirt I'm working on) and frankly, it works quite well as a coffee table book too.
I have fallen hard for quilting. As if I don't have enough needle projects in the works so far and I have many that I want to do, I really want to take it up. I've found a book of small projects that I could do as a practise but I'm already picturing a few blankies I want to do.

In the hair forum I participate in, there's a gossip circle that loves all things celeb, especially of the trashy type. After reading excerpts of Faith Evans book there, I really want to read the rest. The excerpt suggest pure trash but then I've read Vogue Editrix Anna Wintour's biography, for some reason I like reading women's biography wich reminds me...

I don't know why, but I want to read French actress Simone Signoret's bio. I've only seen her in one movie but for some reason, she intrigues me.

Also, while leaving the bookstore I came across giant books that have the complete works of Jane Austen and the Brontë sisters. Somehow I fell in love with their work while in high school and I wouldn't mind falling back into it again.

And I know that this is random but a paper shreader would be nice too.


PS: To Arielle: I'm guessing Stitch magazine is to Quilting Arts what Knitscene is to Interweave Knits. So I guess you can't subscribe to it. What I did see are subscription cards for other Interweave mags.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to have to check out the quilting book. It sounds great and I do have quite a few t-sirts I need to do something with. :-)

D

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home