Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Mootwingee national park

Français plus bas

Just trying to figure out how to post that pic as my title. In the mean time, enjoy this view of Mootwingee National park. It's in the Australian Outback. It's about as far from Montreal I've ever been. I went to Australia 5 years ago and yet just looking at the pictures on the link (I took a couple of tours with that group) brought me back. The views in the Outback compares to the Canadian rockies. What I mean by that is you know that what you're looking at is much bigger, much further, much deeper than you think but you have no sense of proportion to figure how big, how far or how deep whatever it is. Never thought I'd get blasé about looking at kangaroos and wallabees though. Didn't see any koalas because of the forest fires. As soon as I get my hands on 5000$ I'm going back down there...

J'essaie de mettre cette photo dans ma barre de titre. En attendant, admirez cette vue du parc national Mootwingee, dans l'outback australien. C'est à peu près aussi loin que je me suis retrouvé de Montréal. En regardant les photos du lien (j'ai fait quelques visites avec ce groupe) je me suis sentie de retour dans le Pacifique sud. La prise de vue de l'outback australien se compare aux Rocheuses candiennes i.e. que vous n'avez aucun point de repère qui vous permettrait d'en apprécier la démesure. Je ne croyais pas cependant devenir blasée à regarder des kangourous et wallabis. Malheureusement, je n'ai pas vu de koalas à cause des feux de foret. Aussitôt que je trouve 5000$ dans un fond de tiroir, j'y retourne...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home